Happy hump day, friends!
With another Workout Wednesday upon us, today I’m sharing a workout I wrote for the woman who “doesn’t like lifting weights.” Normally when people say they don’t like lifting, it’s because it seems boring. Counting your reps, doing a bunch of sets of the exact same exercise, and standing in one place for an extended period isn’t always exciting. I get it…very meh.
Benefits of Lifting Weights
But here’s the thing, there are SO many benefits to lifting weights that it needs to be in everyone’s routine. A couple examples…
- Higher metabolism
- Increased lean muscle mass (and that “toned” appearance)
- Better sleep
- Lower blood pressure
- Stronger bones
- Lower the bad cholesterol
- Higher EPOC (excess post-exercise oxygen consumption = afterburn = burns more calories AFTER you’re doing working out)
My general suggestions are for women in this situation, those who know they “should” lift but don’t necessarily want to, are to either:
- Perform the workout interval style. When you set the timer, you don’t need to count your reps. Just go HARD for the full time and you’re golden.
- Perform the workout in a chain. This style of lifting is super fun because you don’t even set the weight down. It ends up being a little conditioning, a little strength, a little win-win, if you ask me.
Choose your adventure
So, with that in mind, you get to CHOOSE which type of workout you’d like to do for today’s WOD.
You can follow along with all my awesome #fitnessandlifestylereboot ladies and join them as they do one of my favorite chained complexes. Follow along real time for two rounds on the linked page!
OR! If you’d like to go interval style, you’ll follow along with me for a crazy sweaty upper body lift 😉 This one is going to get your heart rate up and tax those shoulders.
Be sure to warm up beforehand! Do you want me to film a good warm up for strength training? Let me know below.
Comment below and let me know which workout you chose!